My little mans 5th birthday is in September and I am already geared up! I am making his birthday banner and party favors. I wanted to have a "Chuggingtons" trains birthday party but the decorations are very hard to come by.....and pretty pricey. SO....since the colors are basic I though I would try it myself.
I wanted some dimention on them so I added a double layer or foam tape and I think that did the trick.
Here is how I did it......
* The triangles are from "Give a Hoot" cricut cartridge, p. 43 on "Accent" (no shift)
Large white triangle = 8 inches
Small blue triangle = 5 1/2 inches
* The red boarder is 1 3/4 tall and I cut off the extra on each side. I used a boarder punch to add some extra-ness....LOL...is that a word? I also ran it through my bigshot with the Sizzix "Tween Dots" texture plate. (make sure you punch your holes BEFORE you add the adhesive)
* The letters are from "Robtz" cricut cartridge cut at 2 1/4 inch and the "th" on the 5 is 1 1/4 inch. I also ran the letters through my cuttlebug using the "Spots and Dots" embossing folder.
* I stamped the background of the large white triangle with a single stamp from "Inkadinkad -Cirlce and Dots" set.
* AND last but never least I added some doodling with my white jelly roll pen.....OF COURSE! ;) and inked all the edges with Tim Holtz, black soot ink.
The banner is going to say "Happy 5th Birthday" so that is 14 triangles total. I had to order more blue paper so when that comes in I will so yall the finished product. Lets hope he likes it.